Wednesday, April 30, 2008

[the idea]

Now i have had a bit more of a think about how this blog will work......my idea is as follows.

1. to keep the local girls 'in the know' about upcoming Escape 2 Create retreats

2. as a source of inspiration

3. to share pages that local girls have done that have been inspired by this blog.



So as i said in my post below, there WILL be another retreat. We know the date, things are booked and it is all systems go. We can tell you (as i said before) that it wont happen in 2008............everything else is a secret. Bit by bit we will give you nibbles of info - so stay tuned.


I would really love Meredith, Tiff, Sue, Val and myself to post on here things that inspire us. It could be a quote, a photo, a LO sketch (need to put credits in here) or anything else that catches our eye. Today for example i found a fantastic article in the Creating Keepsakes magazine which i will post later - i thought that it was brilliant.

I also have taken photos at different times of things that inspire me to create. I can share those too and hopefully they will help to get your creative juices flowing as well. I was reading today (again that magazine) about creative translators. Being able to look at anything and translate it into a page or project. I know that men's shirts inspire me so much - the designs, colours and stitching just seem to 'do it' for me. :) Have a think about what YOU can translate onto a page today!

Last but not least i would love for the retreat girls to share projects with us. It might be something you are particularly proud of, something you did on our retreat (i would love to see some of your finished chip albums!) or even something that we have inspired you to create from our posts on here. If you would like to share something please email me ga.hall@bigpond.com and i can either post it on here or drool over it privately :)

I will be back later after netball training *groan*

No comments: