Thursday, May 22, 2008

Paige's Page :)


Paige sent in her fantastic LO for the challenge. She said that the only camera she had was her phone camera - talk about committed!!!
She says -
"The stamp is my letters, they were done with paint on the brown paper and then cut out.
My brad is the lil silver heart in the top left hand corner.
The sticker is the flower, which i cut out of the paper behind the pic, then covered in Kindyglitz (i love that stuff =D).
I don't have rub-ons that fit with this lay out so i rubbed-on ink around the edge of the 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper, cheating i know. =P
The journalling reads -
I believe the sun should never set upon an argument,
I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands,
I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you,
I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do.
I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul,
I believe that family is worth more than money or gold,
I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair,
I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires.
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned,
I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned,
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side,
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye.

which i took from the song affirmation by savage garden (thats written on the lil tag in the bottom right hand corner). I just picked out the ones that applied to me."
Thanks Paige - i too love that song and have thought that they were very 'scrappable' lyrics which often bring a tear to my eye. So true!
Thanks again for your phone entry!


2 comments:

sandra said...

That LO looks great Paige.. I love the paper. And clever use of using the most of your paper.. I will remember that tip of using the paper behind the photo next time I am short .....always learning :)

Suzanne said...

This is a great LO and I love that song. Thanks for stopping by my blog. In answer to your questions I have a nikon DSLR D80. I now shoot mostly on manual after reading lots about my camera. I often change white balance (even though the photography teacher said I dont need to) and try and change other settings as well. I just then take lots of photos and some work and some do not work. I am using a tamron lense from my film camera 28-200 and find it works ok, even though it was cheap compared to most lenses.
Hope you have a great day.