Monday, June 2, 2008

I am so transparent.


Now I am excited by this LO.

It's an A4 transparency. I was inspired by a LO by Kim Ogden in For Keeps Issue 66, pg 74.


I had hassles originally with a thicker transparency. The ink from the printer wouldn't dry on it. Bugger I thought. There goes that idea.
Then 'light bulb' moment.

I have transparencies that I can print on so why don't lay one over the other and sandwich the photos in the middle. Now I can see all of the flourishes as well instead of the photos covering part of them up. I used a mini brad in 2 of the corners to hold both together and sewed the other corners. Just as an added interest I popped out a little mirror from a powder compact and 'viola' I have my LO done.
A bit of a trick to photograph it well. I leaned it up against a panel on my door in the morning light but I hope you can see the 'transparent' side of it.

And I LOVE it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this is just gorgeous Tiff!!!:)
Karen D

Meredith said...

Great idea Tiff. I remember seeing those photos in your album too!!

SueP said...

Would love to see it in real one day, looks very interesting. Great idea!

amanda hall said...

wow. This is fantastic Tiff.

you have really outdone yourself here.....and the photos are a total crack up!

love it.

Anonymous said...

Very clever Tiff what a great photographer,love seeing your pages great ideas. Keep up the good work.
Cassandra

Anonymous said...

Wow..what a great idea! Luv the photos - very cute! Kids do the funniest things.
Jane P - Lock