Wednesday, June 4, 2008

a note from Sandra

Today i recieved a fantastic email from Sandra. She has agreed to let me post it on here so sit back, grab a coffee and be inspired by this chook.



Hi Amanda and Tiff
Here is my latest layout... In my Daughter's Eyes.. Using the same papers as Tiffs.
I have applied so much of what I have already learnt on the blog and by looking at your layouts
for eg
song as inspiration.. In my daughter's eyes by Martina Mc Bride
Butterflies.. from guess who :)
Lace from Amanda's 'Play' layout
'thumbing' the paper to curl and distress it
The Noteworthy paper that I won.... thanks girls ... love it!!
staples staples staples
dymo.. love it too
have now got the confidence to sew on the page (butterfly's trail)
Inking the 'chipboard' bracket (actually it isn't chipboard but card from Ally (she uses it for her mini albums.. easy to cut out.. used a stencil for the shape..I think I will be using this more often..so easy!
and there is heaps more...
but the most important thing I have learnt is to be more confident..and try things I haven't done before. 'its only paper' :) from Amandas post.
Thanks girls for all the inspiration!
Sandra



hasn't Sandra done a BLOODY FANTASTIC job? wow.

She has come such a long way in a few weeks there is absolutely NO stopping her now!

8 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

Sandra. Wow. You're creative pages have grown along with your confidence. We'll be seeing your name in one of the mags sooner than later. Go Girl.
:D (big, big grin)

Meredith said...

Sandra,

When I saw this I was WOWED. I can;t believe that you didn't want to show us your work!!! I think at the next Bakery Scrap night you need to bring some more of your work to show us. You secret scrap wiz you!!
I am also thrilled that you feel as if the blog has helped you!!

sandra said...

Hi :)
I did send the email to Tiff and Amanda but the inspiration and new ideas comes from ALL that is involved with the blog... including the challenge participants...I love seeing all the layouts coming in...
thanks for the nice words :)

Anonymous said...

hi sandra, looks fantastic, well done...and take note of merediths me page[the red and black combination looks great you would have to agree]...so I reckon its time for you to attempt the footy page using black and red.LOL
cheers

Anonymous said...

PS.For anyone who is interested in using fabric on their LO,s I have been given some assortments of material which, would have to be classed as vintage,[around 70s?] and some of it is so bright/retro and gaudy,oranges/browns/pinks etc some florals that look good for really funky LO,s.Anyway I only want a little bit of each, and was just going to ditch the rest, so if anyone wants any before I do just let me know or maybe I can drop at 5 loaves scrap night.
cheers

sandra said...

oh yes please Maryanne, very interested in having a look..
I haven't used fabric yet, but am interested in giving it a go.
see you at 5 loaves night!
And yes you are right about Merediths page.. very inspiring to use red and black ... as with your layout :)

SueP said...

That is a GREAT page Sandra, love the way you have used the paper. It is ALL great, yeah, and looking forward to seeing more of your work at 5loaves night!!Please!!!!

Anonymous said...

My goodness what beautiful eyes and a beautiful child. Thanks for this Sandra,think I'm going to have to see this paper in the flesh Oh visit Leonie sure I need to. Get to see your scrapbooking insight it certainly is something to be proud of,and keep on telling your friends great hobby isn't it. I've made lot's of new Scrapbooking friendships.
Keep up the good work Cassandra