Friday, August 1, 2008

Amanda's Challenge 11

ok girls - hold onto your hats :)

this one has 3 parts and each part is equally as important to follow.

1. The first step is to go here -

http://www.pencillines.com/

and SCRAPLIFT one of the awesome works shown on there. Your page can be any size, maybe challenge yourself to try another size if you feel game. I have seen 12x12, 11 x 8.5 and 6x12 inch pages on there.

It has to be one of the pages already done NOT NOT NOT a sketch btw ;)

Scraplifting is A-ok to do - everyone has at times and anyone that says otherwise is a liar :) The golden rule here is to always CREDIT the person you lifted from. So when you email me your page please tell me who the original artist was....maybe you could also send me a pic of the original page (right click and save to your pc)

Scraplifting is copying another persons page. It can be exactly the same OR you can change parts of the page to suit your own taste. Normally people pick out different papers which leads me into step 2.......

2. The second part is to NOT match your picture to your papers. I really want to see your photo POP out and not blend into the background. I see this far too often - everything looks too similar and nothing stands out. We want our photos to tell the story here - not the papers. Make your photo THE focus of what you are scrapping about.

3. The third and final part is the journalling. I want you to really think about what that particular photo or time that the photo means to you and JOURNAL FROM THE HEART. Even though you mind think it will be too soppy and 'not your style' I would like you to try it anyway. You dont have to flounce it up... but just write exactly what you are feeling when you look at that picture. Try to focus on the emotions you have by looking at it, what you were going through at that time. If you find it difficult sometimes it is easier trying to imagine you are talking to that person involved or even journalling in a letter style to the person. It doesn't have to be about a bad event or situation...maybe your hopes and dreams for your kids or about a treasured item from your childhood. Anything that stirs the emotions and you want to capture that feeling.


so there you have. A three step challenge. Go out and produce :)

You will have until next Friday so get busy!

go!

:)

8 comments:

sandra said...

omg!

Anonymous said...

ditto!!!
gee amanda you really are giving us a "challenge".firstly I am crap at scraplifting so I would say Im a "craplifter"!!seriously recently I tried to copy a sketch from pagemaps, and there was no similarity whatsoever!!!not the style, color or anything!!So amanda this will be a challenge for me, I will try to successfully scraplift!!then the journalling bit, Im just not good at that,[even though I do waffle a bit on here].Think I will wait till you girls do yours first so I can check them out!!

Lisa said...

Wow Amanda, you really wanna make us step outside our comfort zone.....LOL, thanks for the push!! Hehe!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT challenge Amanda, cant wait to get cracking!!!! Have to get some pics that inspire me first though.:)
Karen D

sandra said...

Lovin' this challenge Amanda... really making me think!
Still have NO IDEA what I am going to do.. but I am thinking about it!

Lisa said...

ROFL, yep I am thinking too, and have picked out a couple of pages from the site to "lift"!

Meredith said...

Great challenge Amanda ... just a note that everyone needs to read all the steps (;-) hey Tiff!!).

Tiff Firth said...

thanks a bunch Meredith ;-D
have put my boo boo on my blog as it didn't fit the challenge in the end but I still love the page. And it's another one done.