Sunday, August 10, 2008

karen's lift

Wow! I got these images from Karen in my inbox today!!



Her lift is fantastic - and a great example of how something may start off as a lift and then totally progress into your own work. Her basic elements are the same as the original by Annie from pencillines.com but the page has evolved into her own work.
here is Annie's -


and here is Karen's -


I love the torn edges on the cardstock - i haven't seen that before (as in the backing sheet with torn long edges) and wow at that photo of your son...what a great shot!



How is everyone going with Tiff's photography challenges? I took a couple the other day but haven't had much time to get out and about snapping (also too cold!!)

Hope to see some up in here soon!

7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

loving the torn edges too Karen. the cluster of embellishments looks great and is nicely balanced by the fabric and pins.

Anonymous said...

Love it Karen, I love its simplicity which I find very hard to achieve. Tracey W.

Anonymous said...

always love your LOs karen.

SueP said...

Great page Karen, Love it! Sort of the same but very different, great lift!! Lovely photo!

sandra said...

wow Karen... you've done it again!
Love that torn background... and the little mushroom embellishment.. great boys layout! mind if I lift YOURS? lol

Anonymous said...

Loving your pages Karen.Might have to lift some of your ideas hope you dont mind.Good photo... was this done especially for this LO?

Anonymous said...

Hi all, thanks for your comments. I took Brock down to the "junk heap" for a photo shoot, lots of rusty stuff there. Then I got these papers and thought they would be perfect. Then I wracked my brain to think what to journal. So nothing planned, just came together in the end.