Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lisa's lift

here is my LO for challenge 11. Sorry it is a bit late - this is take2 for this challenge - tried using a different LO for the lift and absolutely hated it - this one is much better! Very plain for me, but it's like the original! Had to take the pic inside too, so not the best quality, hopefully clear enough.
The journalling says: "This is a lovely photo of Nana Sue's grandkids with Nana and Grandpa Mike - but every time I look at it, I want to cry. Uncle Rowdy passed away on 18th October 2007, and we were together for his funeral. A very sad time for everyone.
Christopher, Amber, Matthew, Nana Sue, Tyla, Grandpa Mike, Halle and Jazmyn. Photo taken 29th October 2007".
The one I lifted from is the sketch is by Anna and the LO was done by Yuko. (I think)


those tiny little white flowers in the corner cluster are gorgeous. Lovely lace. Well done Lisa. Happy snapping for challenge 12.

4 comments:

sandra said...

beautiful layout Lisa
The colours you chose for the layout matches the journalling.. Can't funerals sometimes be bittersweet? Why do we only catch up on weddings and funerals?
Love all the embellishments too.
great lift

Anonymous said...

Lovely lift Lisa (try saying that three times fast!) I was going to do this layout but ran out of time, this week has escaped me and it looks like next week is worst. Great work! Tracey W

Anonymous said...

love the colors in this lisa.looking forward to seeing your photos with the new challenge, as I think I checkoed out your blog and saw some of your fantastic photos on there...

Anonymous said...

Great lift. Family photos are special and we should take them every chance we get.
Well done Lisa.