Thursday, February 19, 2009

One she prepared earlier ...

... but not that much earlier so they are fresh!!!
"Hi Meredith,
I have a couple here to show you. After seeing you all scrap away on Friday night, I had the urge and I spent all weekend scrapping!! (think I've done 5 or 6 LOs, that would have to be a record for me) The first one I did last night and the second one I did on Sunday, I have done a few lately with handwriting, and I LOATH my writing!!!
Cheers
Karen D"

Wow this is fantastic Karen ... love the red background patterned paper, the photo is very clever, the ribbon stunning for a shot of colour, the embellishments are beautiful and a cute journaling spot!!

This one ... quite different from your previous and your usual style ... very grungy!! Suits the theme of rock band really well, the red flowing through the layout is excellent and those manilla tags (available at newsagents and scrap shops) are fantastic for journaling tags.

If you took that photo you must have had a great seat!!

Fabo work again Karen!! Thank you!

6 comments:

sandra said...

oh wow
soooo good!
love them both but that foo fighter layout has got my attention! love the grunge look.. and the photos are fantastic!
and I wish I had your handwriting Karen... mine looks like I have the dts!
love your work.
(come on Zanny!... where are you?? You should of clocked in by now!)

SueP said...

Beautiful Karen!! Love the colours of the Australia Day one, and clever photo too!

Also like the grungy one - you do that style well too!! Like how you have added show tickets, and newpaper clipping. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I like your style Karen. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff - you seem to use all the right stuff to complement your photos (nice photos too).

PS Nice to know you miss me Sandra

Tiff Firth said...

geez Karen. You are just getting better at it.
that flag. was that actually in the view finder when you took the shot, as the clarity is fantastic.
t

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff, yes it was. Bit corny, we packed the Aussie flag when we went to the beach.I was sitting just behind it watching Brock playing cricket. I thought wouldnt that make a cool photo. I was really happy with the way it turned out. :)
Karen D

amanda hall said...

god Karen i love them both. Your style is so YOU and i adore it.

love the grunge on the foo one and the flag in the photo and colours on the other.

fantastic.