Monday, May 25, 2009

Ali E's tip of the day

4. Mix up your page sizes. For the last year I have been experimenting with all sorts of different sizes - this is a huge creative boost. Online lately I have seen really cool pages that are 6 inches x 12 inches, 4 inches x 12 inches, 8 inches x 8 inches, etc. Don't limit yourself to one size.

I think this is the biggest hangup some scrappers seem to have. Let me tell you from my own experience that i never felt more inspired than when i changed to an A4 (or 8.5 x 11 inch) sized page. Although i find it much much easier now, i also dont limit myself to ONLY doing that size. If i feel like a 12 x12, or things look better on a bigger page = well i do a bigger page.

I also have done 3 or 4 layouts with the long skinny size (12 x 6 inch) which were also great to get that mojo flowing. It challenges you to think about your page a different way.

Dont be scared to try different sizes. There is a much bigger world out there than just 12 x 12.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yes I am guilty of not trying different size layouts very often. Although the chocolate cake one was 81/2 x 12 inches. Must try a 6 x 12 inch next!!