Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ali E's tip of the day

5. Keep an inspiration journal. This is the one of the best things you can do for your creative self. Don't judge what you write in it or put in it - just use it and abuse it and let it be a place for the things that are scrambling in your head. For a long time I have had too many of these and it began to feel way to scattered. Recently I have combined it into one notebook - forcing myself to use just one and go with it.


This has been one of the best things that i have done. Over a year ago i made myself a little diary to put snippets of inspiration for scrapping. While it sounds a bit anal, I was sick of walking around and seeing design elements that i wanted to try in the world of scrapping and then promptly forgetting them. I have since stuck images that i would like to scraplift, or just some elements from pages that i would like to try, and written in colour schemes that catch my eye, quotes or just a general idea / theme for a page. Often i will write the journalling that i would like to have on my page well in advance and have it all ready to go.

This is a hugely helpful scrapping tool to me. I would love everyone to try it - if you have a spare little notebook to write your ideas in i am sure you will find it a massive help / mojo boost too.

Mine is titled 'see art in your everyday' as i really do see ideas everywhere. Look around you and i am sure you will too :)

2 comments:

sandra said...

i have been meaning to do this for ages!
I have bits of paper everywhere with ideas, quotes, sketches... such a mess!
Might go off to see Lyall tomorrow and see about a notebook and get myself organised.. and hopefully with organisation comes inspiration!

SueP said...

I'm a bit like you Sandra - i am always scribbling bits on pieces of paper....little notes for myself everywhere. I also have a note book just for scrapping ideas which the bits of paper gets shoved into....so i'm full of ideas but don't get around to using them often.