Sunday, May 17, 2009

busy busy

Hi all.


Well it has been a bit quiet in here over the weekend - like me i guess everyone is flat strap with life in general. Personally we have had quite a full on week, with a funeral and catching up with family. Scrapbooking and this blog (sorry guys) have been the last thing on my mind. Today i have felt the urge again so i think i will have a go at one of the challenges soon!


Luckily we have been saved of complete bordem by Trace sending in a fantastic vintage page.


Tracey says -



Attached is my very badly photographed, equally badly cropped photo of my layout
for the May sketch. i have so got to learn how to scan or photograph these
things without getting bad light reflection and to counteract the reflection
then I then photograph on a lean. I am kookie, I've officially lost it, I swear
I am going to get computer savvy like I was before children came on the scene
and my will to learn went pear-shaped!! Enough babble - the layout is an old
farm photo, the journalling says 'Frank Roediger and his six horse team pulling
a mould board plough at Yeelanna'. This sketch has helped rekindle my interest
in making time to scrap something. Thanks Sue.


WOW Tracey. This is fantastic. That chip stalks/flower, the gorgeous vintage colours, and the little 'circa' words up the top are brilliant. What a totally awesome photo too - lucky devil! Beautiful, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing and we hope that you continue to be enthused by our challenges!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow Tracey ... that is gorgeous. Love the papers you have used as well as the embellishments.

I love seeing your vintage layouts and the fact that you have so many old photos ... so lucky!!!

SueP said...

Tracey this is just gorgeous!! I love those old photos...especially the farm ones, with the draugh horses....just so precious!!

Love seeing everyones interperation of the layout too, its just great!!;)

Tiff Firth said...

Hiya Trace. Great to see you back in the swing of scrapping. Anything horse related catches my eye and esp the magnificent plough horses. love the cluster of embellies in the corner with that tiny hint of lace poking out.

t

Maryanne Ridgway said...

mmm tracey....this is lovely, you do vintage pages so well [I think Im repeating myself with that but I think it everytime I see one of your vintagey LOs].
beautiful colors youve used and you are so lucky to have those old photos.
I too have found it inspiring [sorta] to just work from the sketch, actually managed to do mine today, but didnt get to scan yet as teenagers were hogging the computer[homework apparently?].

Anonymous said...

Wowee Tracey, this looks great!!! That cluster of flowers is to die for and the pp is just perfect. Im gonna get to this challenge this week!! PS: thanks for you email the other week, were home now and things coming along. :)
Karen D

Tiff Firth said...

Karen. that is great news. so glad that you are all home.
have been wishing all the best for you and R.

Anonymous said...

Trace ~ Preserving our family history by way of your artistic flair is to be commended.
Beautiful work!
Tanya xx

sandra said...

love this Tracey.
You are so good at vintage and the colours use.
LOVE all your old photos.