Friday, May 22, 2009

Photos of you and yours ...

An American woman and scrapbooker, Aleida Franklin, was sadly killed in a car crash last year.

She encouraged others to take photos of themselves with their children.
So have a look at Emilie Ahern's blog

From Emily's blog ...

Aleida said "she made it a goal to take a picture of herself with her children at least once every month. And that to use excuses about how we look, as women, is ridiculous, since our children will never care what we looked like, but only that we had physical evidence of the bond between mother and child. "

Aleida tragically and unexpectedly passed away last September, leaving 2 small children and a grieving husband. After she passed I thought of how those children must feel to have those precious photographs.


So make sure you take some photos of you with your children.

Here is one I snapped at Easter time 2009, of me and Hannah ...
These next two were taken by Jack and Lachlan in September 2007 ... I don't look so great but hey I have some fun photos of me and the boys.
Lachlan was only 4 1/2 ... just make sure the camera strap is around their neck!!


Some times we need scrap pages of us in the photos too!!

6 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

Meredith, these are just wonderful. really feel the love.
and lots of red. your fave colour. Cant wait to see the boys scrap pages with these ones.

amanda hall said...

This is such a great reminder that we really should get out from behind the camera - particularly for our childrens' sake.

I really loved seeing your photos of you with your family Meredith. And i think you look gorgeous in each one - i bet your kids do too. It is true - you can really see the love.

sandra said...

Guilty as charged.
I am so not comfortable being in front of the camera... I try and remember every now and then to hand the camera to someone else.
hmmm
brain is starting to tick over...

Tiff Firth said...

guess what. I set up the camera with the neck strap around the kids necks and let them have a go. Oh the heart palpitations when Sean had the camera. but the fun was worth it. and some 'unusual' shots. lol.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

I wish I had been aware of this 17 years ago...
When going back through photos I rarely have any of myself with my children, and while I have photos of the kids all together, I do not have a single photo of all of us together! How sad is that?
I am usually the photographer, and Im also a very unphotogenic person, therefore I avoid the camera!Even maybe a year ago jaxen and myself did the hold the camera in front and took some photos of us together.I thought I looked crap so much to my regret I deleted all of them!
I have seen your shots on your blog meredith and I always think how lovely they are and think I should have taken more photos like that.

Maryanne Ridgway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.