Monday, June 8, 2009

Ali E's tip of the day

18. Take some time to go back over all the layouts you have created and give yourself a hug for all the stories you have told. Taking a look at the body of your work will give you a whole new perspective on what you have done and where you want to go next.

This is so true. How often have you flicked back through your albums? I know i don't enough but my kids love getting them out and looking through them - remembering the stories and reading about what we were doing a few years back.

I saw a page that had slipped out of my album a couple of days ago which i had done in 2006. It was all about where i hoped i would be in 10 years time. Even though only 3 years had past, i had forgotten the detail of what i had written however i was relieved to read my goals were still the same. It was a strange feeling reading it, as if my 2006 self was sitting there talking to me now (if you get my drift). That is the one reason that i do believe journalling is sooooo important. Yes it is nice to do a few 'adore' 'beautiful' 'sisters' type pages but every now and then get down to the nitty gritty.

and yeah - look back at what you have done and be proud of all those memories that you have preserved!

4 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

lol. the kids had their scrap albums out last night. Even Kym was having an interest in what the kids reactions were.

and so true. the story behind the photo is what is important. the embellies are pretty to look at, but unless the reason for the LO is apparent, it is nothing more than just pretty stuff. no substance or meaning.


I am so glad that Annie asks quite often to have a look at her albums. After all, when she was born, she was my reason for scrapping in the first place. It seems to justify my addiction just a little bit. ;-)

sandra said...

hmmm. unfortunately when I look back at my first layouts I cringe lol

SueP said...

I love to see the kids enjoying 'their' pages....

Yeah, my earlier albums....are like hmmmm, cringe alot!! Scrapping has come along way in a very short time....style and products!

Meredith said...

Again so true ... the kids do love looking through them!