Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ali E's tip of the day

19. Create less. Rather than doing a bunch of layouts just for the sake of filling up an album, spend more time on just a few stories that really have meaning for you and your family

Scrapping is such a personal thing. I know scrappers who scrapbook every photo they have ever taken. If you want to do that - great.

I dont.
I do not have time or the money to waste to be bothered scrapping photos that are crappy or have no significance in my life. As Ali has suggested above, i concentrate on the guts of my life - not every single waking moment. And it isn't always the nice fluffy stuff either! This is how *I* scrapbook.

Again if you do not agree - well that is good too. This craft is such a personal thing and that is the great thing about it. How we do it, the process and the end product is different for everyone and that is WONDERFUL.

But if you want to streamline your scrapping take note of Ali's tip today.

I have also read where she writes about scrappers who scrap chronologically........and there are plenty of ladies who do this. There is always this catch cry of 'oh but i am so many years behind'. Why? Why limit yourself like this? Scrap what you want to when you want to. By the time you get to your 'now' photos you will have forgotten the story.

Dont limit yourself.

2 comments:

sandra said...

OMG if I had to scrap chronilogically!!! Would you believe I have not scrapped one photo of my kids as babies?!?! :O
how bad a scrapping mother am I?
I break out into a sweat just thinking about scrapping my families life in order. I suppose it depends on how organised a person you are.... me totally disorganised and I scrap on a whim...I see another persons layout and see an idea, or a quote, or a photo that jumps out at me etc etc.
But each to their own... and that is what makes scrapping great.... it is such an individual and personal hobby.

SueP said...

Yeah, i'm with you Sandra....i scrap on a whim better than under pressure to do 'THAT' photo. But i admire those you can do that though!!

It is very interesting to see how everyone else scraps....and that is part of the 'joy' of this hobby, that everyone does do it differently! I'm just totally addicted to it all!!!