Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July photo challenge ...

This month we are asking for a few photos to be taken ... five in fact!!

Recently I read about a photo challenge that two North American photographers did and then many others joined in.

Firstly check out Tara Whitney's blog post.

Then have a look at Dana's blog post.




The theme of the photos is gratitude. So five things you are grateful for in your life right now.


grat·i·tude (grt-td, -tyd) n.
The state of being grateful; thankfulness.


(taken from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gratitude)




We would love the photos to be taken sometime this month (so not old photos) and if possible on the one day. We will not set a day but when you have a chance !



If you are really keen you could then scrap a layout with the photos but that is not really part of the challenge ... only if you feel you would like to!!



And here are a few others that joined in on the original idea ...

Jennifer Chaney

Kim McMillan

Gina

Jody Boryski

Shuva Rahim

Sarah Gardan



So off you go and blog surf!! Just click on each name to link to their blog entries.


Send your photos to me ... can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

If you have any questions email me ... good luck!!!

10 comments:

sandra said...

Meredith this photo challenge is fantastic!...loved surfing through all those fantastic blogs!
I think we all have so much to be grateful for and it will be great to not only take photos of these things/people/feelings etc but to also scrap them.
hmmmm might have to google for some grateful quotes.


hmmm 1st again.. come on girls... are you even trying?? lol

SueP said...

I'm here with you Sandra!! :)

Yes I agree - it is a great challenge Meredith! Yes, we do have lots to be grateful for.... and many great inspirations on those girls blogs, makes me want to take photos now!!

Tiff Firth said...

saw this one on Tara's blog a little while ago. Gave me reason to pause then..... and now.

Will be sinking my teeth into this one!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

have seen this on a couple of blogs a little while ago, itseems to have really caught on.

I feel I have much to be grateful for, while away for a week, I miss my boys, my husband,my dog, and my little house.

Anonymous said...

Great challenge Meredith !
I'm making my list of 'ideas' already ... I was cleaning my computer desk yesterday (yay) and came across this quote I'd read somewhere and written down on a 'sticky note' ...
'Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realise they were the big things'. I was glad to find it, it always puts things back into perspective. I might be able to scrap my challenge photos and this quote together one day.
Kylie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Doh, I was too impatient and must've clicked twice ... sorry girls !! K

Anonymous said...

Already planning, went to bed last night thinking about it and have a few ideas already :)
Karen D

amanda hall said...

great photo challenge Meredith. Making sure they are recent photos all taken on the same day will stretch us!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic challenge Meredith. Those Blogs are awesome. It certainly has gotten myself thinking a little more - Amazing what we take for granted. Might look into this on the weekend. Michelle.