Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ons klein Nederlands meisje Sandra ...

Hi Meredith

so are you ready for a laugh?

This photo was taken in 1988!! I was lucky to spend a year in Holland with my Aunty and Uncle. While I was there I also went to Austria and Germany.LOVED it! Loved it so much I came home and started work straight away to save money to go back and live. Even started the paper work. Then I met DH and the rest is history. But I will go back one day. And would you believe I have not scrapped ONE photo? tsk tsk tsk,

cheers for now
Sandra



Oh my ... aren't those dress up photos priceless.

I think I have one somewhere of when my girlfriend and I went to Richmond in Tasmania in 1988 and I reckon I have seen one at Amanda's house from Ballarat or Bendigo!!

And wow at your travels ... what an amazing experience!! Maybe you will pull a few photos out and scrap them one day ... we'll look forward to that!!

I went here for the translation ... originally "our little Dutch girl Sandra"!!!
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

tehe Sandra. Can see you tap dancing in those clogs-not! And just gotta love the pointy cap.

I didnt know you had been OS. The things you learn here.

This is a fantastic photo and you look so radiant. What a treasure.

sandra said...

pmsl Meredith
Nearly fell off my chair when I saw the dutch heading!!
Do you realise it says our fat dutch girl??


no just joking
it is the right translation. hehe
clever girl.
I might have to save that link... I can still speak and write a bit of dutch but it could do with a touch up... thanks!!!
(still laughing)

SueP said...

Great photo Sandra - just love it!!

I love the traditional Dutch dress! and the clogs!

amanda hall said...

omg i almost fell off my chair laughing!! Classic Sandra. What a fresh faced little thing you were (and have maintained it well too)

sandra said...

pfft Amanda... you wonderful liar
lol

Maryanne Ridgway said...

what a crack up sandra!!!
and you dont look like youve aged a bit since then!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

ps. sandra big congratulations on the "she "LO.
very well deserved!!