Friday, July 10, 2009

be Carefree - Sue's musical page

After much pain staking thoughts....it came to me, and inspiration!!!

I went into the cottage yesterday hunting for some cloud papers and was inspired by the fancy pants papers called 'On a Whimsy'....... there were rainbows, clouds and suns....all that i needed for the muscial challenge.

I think i dreamt about this page all night....and i jumped outa bed this morning, dug out my water colour pencils...blew the dust off them.... onto the sewing machine to stitch a sun....and from there it grew!! I tried my hand at masking, and a little spraying with the glimmer mist....and finito!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, Wicked LO. Thought I saw some gm on the background - awesome stuff. Love how you stitched your sun and coloured in the sun and rainbow with watercolours Tx Michelle

Meredith said...

Wow Sue what a great process to lead to your layout!!! Love the sun and rainbow and the little clouds are cute too!! And so many great techniques there to inspire the rest of us.

Cassandra said...

OMG Sue fabulous page your such a thoughtful Nan grandie will love this page as much as we do. Not sure Ill get round to this one made a new scrapbook storage purchase today though look out office. Then I will be able to scrap in ease of less mess maybe make more LOL. Thats my challenge to get on top of organising stuff then I promise Ill get one challenge at least done for year. Happy Scrapping all. xxx

Maryanne Ridgway said...

fantastic sue,love your rainbow, what a wonderfully creative lady you are!
Sometimes laying in bed unable to sleep,Icome up with such great ideas for scrapping,come morning theyre hazy and foggy and I forget them.Should get up and jot them down.
anyone got their grateful photos done??
I have an idea for all you farmers....how about photos of rain, rain, rain, rain, rain!!
lol, I know its great, but hopefully it will stop for footy tomorrow!

sandra said...

just gorgeous
love your rainbow and sun...and the grass .
I have often thought of doodling and drawing on a layout.. but I am too much of a coward.
It really makes this a fun page and suits the photo perfectly.

Tiff Firth said...

after seeing your page Sue, it gave me a germ of an idea for Annie to have a go. After a sleep on it, she got into it!

amanda hall said...

Fab Sue. I can't believe you whipped that up so quickly after we talked about it on Thursday.......clever girl.

Your take on the whole filmclip/song/lyrics is great. Love your hand drawn elements.