Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hi July

Well well well. Here we are in July already!! ........so a new month means new challenges. Who is up for it?


Sue's Sketch

Sue says:

My July sketch... i was inspired by a page scrapped by Nikala Obrien, from Scrapboxx.

Maybe see if you can do some stitching, or make some flowers or embellies with fabric. Come-on lets get brave :) I have been using the sewing machine so much lately- and not for fabric....it would have to be my fav thing at the moment!

Looking foward to seeing your pages.....have fun with it!




Here is my example.. i just loved adding bits of felt and demin.




Amanda's Layout Challenge

ok this one is 'inspired by music' and not just any old music! I would like you to look at this film clip and be inspired by it. Look at the drawings of the trees, the colours used, the lyrics of the song, even the title. See how this can transfer over onto a page....use your imagination and see what you can create!

Meredith's Photography Challenge:

Stay tuned - it is a BEAUTY!

7 comments:

sandra said...

GREAT challenges girls!
Sue.. I have an idea already for your sketch.. and Amanda that song has been going through my head all day! so many ideas from that one video and lyrics!
Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with..

yes I know Zan.. 1st to comment again... would be nice to have some competition!!!

Meredith said...

Oh wow!!

Sue ... that layout is absolutely gorgeous!!! The photo ... what a spunk!! The flowers, colours, sewing, rubons, spiral punched edge ... so, so beautiful!!!

Amanda ... oh what a beautiful clip!! I didn't realise she sang!! I had a piece of paper in front of me drawing ideas as I watched it!!

Can't wait to both these challenges.

SueP said...

glad you like the sketch Sandra, can't wait to see yours and everyones pages!!

sandra said...

Your layout is beautiful Sue... love the colours and love those birds in the corner...
a really beautiful boys page.. I find those so difficult, you do them so well.

Marika said...

Just love that page sue georgeous colours with the kraft,beautiful photo and love that denim.

Anonymous said...

Great photo and page Sue. Lovely colours and flowers / birds / stitchings ... love it all really!!
and Amanda, that's a great clip by Georgie, a sweet song.
Kylie

amanda hall said...

Sue i cannot tell you enough how much i love LOVE LOVE that layout. I think those dangly bits of cotton suck me in every time. Also the birds, the music notes, the simplicity of the thickers in the title and those cute felt and denim flowers. Of course the little boy is darn cute too!

Great challenge!