Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sandra - photo, twine and misc. challenges

Hi Amanda,

The one of me could fit the mobile phone challenge... I took the photo myself with the phone... and I felt like a real idiot doing it too... lucky no one was around!







The crossword layout could fit the twine challenge. I am nearly finished another layout which has a bit of twine on it... will send that in when I finally get it finished.


And the other one fits no challenge AT ALL unless the challenge was to produce a layout which hurts your eyes! lol.. So much Green!! and yes Teagan loved it!This layout was a challenge to create as I personally am not a green lover... unless it grows in the garden!

Thanks to the rest of the girls on my table (and the one behind me!) for the encouragement!! I would love to see some of the other creations produced on the weekend... I saw some fantastic things being made as I snuck around the room, too fantastic not to share with the rest of us!!!

Cheers for now Sandra

Sandra - the first one is a very Louise Nelson type of LO - this is interesting ;-) and fantastic! I am certain she will be stoked by this! Brilliant work and really inspiring, open journalling.

The crossword one again uses some heart string tugging journalling - i read it on the retreat and struggled to hold it together. What a beautiful memory. You have scrapped that fantastically.

The green layout is very GREEN, but wow= what an imact. I love the colour green and you have used it so well here. A great design and i am certain that Teagan loved the end result. How could she not love such a brilliant page on her and her fav. colour...??!!

Thanks for sharing Sandra. As you said it would be great to see a bit more work that was produced on the weekend! I know there was a fair bit done by all! What a relaxing and creative weekend we had!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Beautiful work Sandra!

Love the first one - the spray looks really effective!

The crossword layout is very clever and some wonderful journaling! Such a special memory.

And yes the green one is ... well ... green!! The butterflies look cute!

sandra said...

Thanks for the comments girls.
Amanda, when you said that the first layout was a Louise Nelson type of layout I had to take another look. Tiff said the same thing at the retreat, I love Louise Nelsons work (and I'm excited that she has signed up for the retreat.. yay!!) and I suppose it does look like her style. The funny thing is I have been inspired lately by some European blogs and the glimmermist, cardboard look is quite prominent there, along with other styles.
Quite interesting browsing the European blogs... and would recommend it if you are low on mojo or inspiration.

Oops sorry for the rambling girls..haven't had my second coffee yet and its 8:00! I'm starting go into detox..;)

sandra said...

oops forgot to credit Tiff for the photo on the 'green' layout... thanks Tiff ;)

Maryanne Ridgway said...

wow sandra,they all look fabulous, love the cardboard and glimmermist.
And the crossword one is just "wow".It looks fantastic.
very clever!
Im so pleased you got scrapping at the scrapathon, as you had mentioned you would probably be cardmaking.well done.

trish.s. said...

I was lucky enough to see these IRL, even if I didnt make it to the scrapathon, they are so different and individual but they all are fantastic. Cheers

trish.s. said...

And I would loved to have been the fly on the wall when you were taking photos of yourself.... what a hoooot...

Tracey said...

Well done Sandra, I only saw two of these at the scrapathon and was impressed. The first one of you looks great, its a nice photo even if you felt silly. Looks like you are into getting messy with paint at the moment ... far too scary for me to attempt. Great work. Tracey

Tiff Firth said...

mate. your mojo has come back with vengance. Bring it on Babe.

SueP said...

They are great pages Sandra!! Loving your glimmer-misting with the top one, the crossword and the tear on the next one, and the green is soooo pretty on the third one...

Thanks for sharing with us here!