Sunday, November 8, 2009

A layout or two - Sue

Here's a couple page that i completed at the scrapathon to share with you all.





This one is a scrap-lift from the very latest Scrapbooks etc magazine, a layout done by Lydia Jackson. I loved the different tree on her page...to me it was perfect to go with this picture of Rob and our kids & little ones. Photo taken by Amanda H.



This page came together easily, it was my 'Amanda Hall' style inspired page. This original photo has been sitting on my desk for ages, it has been a fav. of mine for years. Don't you just love the fashion that we are all wearing, and the old cars in the background? It's not a great photo with the blackend edges...but just had to use it!!

Thanks for your inspiration Amanda...love your work!





6 comments:

Meredith said...

Really love that funky tree!! And your stitching looks excellent as usual!

What a special photo of them all together!! Beautiful.

Tracey said...

Arn't old photos just the best, I'm having a lovely time scrapping my nana's era, this looks great Sue.

sandra said...

oh this is fantastic.
Love the pp you have chosen for this layout.. it is perfect!
Can see the Amanda inspiration, just perfect for this layout.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

Hi sue,I think Ive already mentioned how great I think these are.really like the old photo youve used,and scrapped perfectly too!
Have you made some progress with your photoshop, and fiddled with actions at all?

SueP said...

No Maryanne, haven't been doing any experimenting with p/s yet....one day LOL!!

amanda hall said...

I absolutely LOVED that tree when you pulled it together - i couldn't believe how quickly those bits of paper turned into a very funky tree!

and i feel very embarrassed by what you wrote about the second layout. I just loved that one when you did it Sue - it is all your creative juices not mine! Thanks for your kind words though *mwah*