Sunday, January 31, 2010

the First of February!

WOW a whole month has sped by and here we are at the second month of 2010! Before we know it Xmas will roll around again!


I am so hoping to see some challenge pages being emailled to us this month, supporting us and this blog. It would be great to get past that holiday blah time.

I am sorry if i have personally been AWOL. My spare time has almost 100% been concentrating on the retreat and less on the blog and challenges. I know Meredith and Sue are feeling similar.

Colour Challenge


It's bright, it's funky, its blue, green, pink and dark brown.

Show me what you have got!




Amanda's Challenge

Now i know already that i am going to totally suck at trying to explain this but what i would like you to do is mat one word of your title.




HUH?

I first saw our very own Brigette S. do this at the October scrapathon. Instead of placing her thicker title directly onto her page, she matted them onto felt (if i remember correctly??!) and then cut around the felt leaving a tiny bit of felt border peeping out around the perimeter of the word. She then affixed the whole thing onto her page. It made the title really pop and gave it quite a unique look.

The layout below by Deena Wuest, featured in January 2010 CK magazine and poorly scanned by myself illustrates what i am trying (and failing) to explain.




Deena has heat embossed her 'candy' title and then cut around it. THIS is what i would like you to do for my challenge this month.

You can stamp, use thickers, print from the computer, whatever way you would like to make your title up BUT then mat it as shown and cut around for WOW impact.

I would definately like to try this and it has been in my 'must do' list since October and i am sure all your examples will inspire me to try it also.


Can't wait to see your work in my inbox!

stay tuned for the other girl's challenges.

5 comments:

sandra said...

lol
I think it is most definetly the time for most of us to pull our finger out.. so to speak.
Love the colour challenge and I do understand what you mean by matting the title.. hmmmm thinking cap is on....albeit backwards considering the time of night *yawn*
Scrapnight at the Sheoak next Friday, perfect time for some of us to get a challenge or two done!

Tracey W said...

Matting the title.... have never considered doing this much. Sounds like a good time to start. I am making myself do some sort of craft every night in front of the TV instead of just slothing. I am quite surprised at how successful this has been, I have achieved quite a lot in a short space of time. Therefore I have no excuse not to do these challenges. Now that I have just told you all that the pressure is on!! Whoops :-)

SueP said...

Great scrapping challenges Amanda, whoohooo...love them!!

Meredith said...

Really great challenges Amanda ... I was only looking at that title one the other day! And what groovy colours ... can't wait to see yours!!

Tiff Firth said...

any photography challenges this month???? please please please.

;0)