Sunday, March 21, 2010

random musings.

I get a little thrill (and an almost scare) when i see that little counter on the sidebar  - Sandra i think all your tapping has broken it and made it speed up!!

The retreat week for me starts on Wed. when i pick Mel up from the plane. I have known this chook since 2006 and it will be great to see her again. Her style of scrapping is totally different to mine, however i look at it in awe at the time and effort she puts into every single tiny detail. Not only am i a fan of her scrapping, but she is so down to earth and very much 'like us' that she feels like a friend that i have known forever.

Thursday will be our major set up day where my car will be LOADED to the absolute roof racks with e2c gear to take to Nt Shields. It will be great to take it all down there and finally clean my scrap space out a bit - at the moment it looks like we are shifting house with the amount of big boxes stacked up and blocking off half my room!

Friday will be more setting up, helping the retailers settle in and then at 4pm the fun begins!!

The past few days have been spent doing a few last minute retreat jobs - i think maybe third time lucky for me as i feel the most organized that i have ever been on any of the other e2c retreats. It has all come together so lovely and quickly this year! I guess practise makes perfect!

Also i have been cleaning and preparing our house for our visitor - this has been no small task!

I have also started packing my suitcase (which makes things feel very REAL and exciting), as i am working for the first part of this week and will not have time later on.

Scrap wise i am almost all packed - i just have to sort through my thickers and decided which ones (if any) to leave home. I haven't packed a massive amount this year as i always end up buying heaps of yummy new product and would rather use that while the scrapping urge hits on the retreat.

In other random news - don't forget to go through your stash and look for some goods to donate to Bev's sister who lost all her scrapping gear in the Port Lincoln fire late last year. There will be an area at the retreat where we will collect it all and give it to Bev to pass along. Bring those bits along!

Another thing not to forget to pack - which has almost been an oopsie from me also - is a wine glass (if you are a wine drinker that is!! No need otherwise!)

Well another day is drawing to a close, and there certainly are not many more sleeps until the retreat.

I cannot wait!

4 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

weather forecast....http://www.eldersweather.com.au/sa/west-agricultural/cummins

mind you it changes ALOT from now to then so take it with a pinch of salt....!!!!

sandra said...

LOL Amanda about the tapping.
I have had no internet for the last few days and must admit to missing you guys...did you miss me? even just a tiny bit??????
Well my scrapping gear is packed, (I know anal lol) I have a busy week coming up so yesterday was THE day.. Friday can't come fast enough!!!
and Amanda... a girl can NEVER have enough thickers!! bring em all I reckon!!

Melanie said...

Don't forget a glass for me Amanda!!!! Big clean up here atm due to yesterdays storm - omg I have never seen anything like it!!! Most certainly am looking forward to escaping the chaos here!! hehe - off to pack now seeing that I spent all of yesterday arvo helping on roofs and battening down (although most of the damage had been done by that stage!) See you all on the flip side :) Cheers Mel

Tiff Firth said...

whoop. 1 day, 1 hour and 1 minute.... and some seconds.

I better get packing.... tomorrow. lol