Wednesday, March 17, 2010

retreat tips = it's ok!

This last tip is about a situation that we are all probably going to find ourselves in at the retreat.

Sitting, chatting, eating, drinking, laughing, socializing.

No scrapping.

And i am here to tell you that

it is absolutely fine if you don't scrap.

Our aim is for all of us to have some hard earnt 'time out'.

The retreat is an ESCAPE. If you CREATE then it is great and an added bonus. If you are ESCAPING and CREATING = woohoo. If you are just ESCAPING = excellent and woohoo too.

If you sit there, for three days and just relax.............. that is wonderful. I know i will probably just plonk down, look around, sip my glass of wine and soak in the atmosphere a lot more than i will be productive. And this is ok.

No pressure. No competition on who is producing the most layouts. No one judging you on what you have or haven't done. Just time out.

.
.
.
.
.

Hmmm bring it on i say!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Couldn't have put it better ... totally agree ... it's all about having fun and getting away for the weekend.

Remember to think about whether or not you will book a massage ... Saturday or Sunday ... hhhmmmm ... Sunday or Saturday??!!

Have started piling things up for packing and thinking about less is more which is a little tricky but I'm going to try!!

Keeping an eye on the weather too ... I reckon over the weekend we will get the long range forecast that will be reasonably accurate and pack clothes accordingly!!

SueP said...

Oh you BEWDY....i feel less stressed already!!! :)

I am one who stresses about 'what' im gonna scrap, what shall i take,etc!!.....maybe i will just concentrate on deciding what type of wine and chocolate to pack!!

Great tip Amanda!!

Tiff Firth said...

make sure you guys really enjoy it too. After all, its you 3 who've put in the hard yards for everyone's elses benefit, as well as your own.

So you should sit back, sip up and soak it all in. The e2c team deserve it.

Melanie said...

lol Sue - will join you with a drink!!! and Phew - I still haven't worked out what to do, let alone pack and then I have to keep it all under 23kg.......including clothes (which now must have a jacket as it is cold at night which is unheard of here at the moment...Long sleeves have not been touched since hhmm October last year....can't wait everyone - it is so needed atm and it is going to be AWESOME :)
This time next week I will have met Amanda and her gorgeous girls and getting ready for the weekend :) See you all then :)

Lisa said...

Hehe Amanda, I am sure you wrote that with me in mind!

sandra said...

so well put Amanda.
Why put yourself through that stress?? Scrapping should not be a chore or an obligation!
There are so many talented girls at the retreat, I just love walking around looking at all the wonderful work, seeing all those wonderful ideas, chatting, meeting and catching up with the girls and soaking in all that creative atmosphere. Last year I didn't scrap many layouts but I went home inspired to scrap!
I will have a few kits ready, but if I don't scrap on the weekend they will be ready and waiting for me for when I get home!!

miasmummy said...

I am so excited, and packing is underway.... hope I'm not bringing too much!! lol!!

Louise said...

:) WTG Amanda!!! to be honest Im moooooooooore excited about meeting U and and the rest of the E2C gang, and people I have spoken to online, than scrapping LOL :)

Cassandra said...

Thanks for the reassurance girls off to do some photo printing Mon and thinking I'll bring some off the page things to fill in spaces in between classes if need be can't wait. love to all. See you SOON.x