Monday, September 13, 2010

Challenges galore from Lou!!

Please find attached 3 LO's that I did for the pick a box challenges, and 1 for Sues Sketch challenge.

I can appreciate they may seem a bit of a 'loose' interpretation, LOL but I love this challenge and they have got my mojo happening!!! It had been MIA! LOL.

For Sues sketch Ive turned it,.... and for the box challenge [red + crown + decorative puch/scissors] I was also a little inspired by the LO Sue did last month for the Page 100 challenge.

Love what you are doing with this Blog guys, its roken my scrappy mojo!!! thank you!!

Lou xxoo

So here goes ...

No 1 ...


 No 2 ...



No 3 ...



and Sue's sketch ...


Thank you so much Lou! I am sure that many others can take inspiration from your work.

Many of our styles are different but I think we can always be inspired to try something new when we are inspired by others! One example is your use of the tissue paper and paper dress making patterns as a base on your backgrounds.

I am inspired by your use of so many different items that can be utilised to embellish layouts!


And also how a little bit of an embellishment can be so effective - for example the dotty Hambly transparency in the second and third layouts (I hope that is what it is!!)

And I really love that flower punch - I think that is the one that Studio Calico had - I hadn't seen it used and now I am really liking it!!

So thank you Lou!!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Absolutely love your layouts Lou!! One of the things I love the most is how everytime you look at them you notice more detail. Gorgeous work chicky- can't wait to scrap together next month!! :)

miasmummy said...

Rockin it Lou!! you have been busy! Starting to get excited bout the mini retreat, feeling so inspired by this blog!! xx

Maryanne Ridgway said...

wow lou
so many gorgeous layouts, and I agree with what lauren said, you notice more detail everytime these come up on the screen.
fabulous as always, and loving them.

SueP said...

Wow Lou...you have been a busy bee!! Love them all....sitting here just gazing at them, always finding something new...they are great! Great take on my sketch too!!

Very inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

The mojo is running hot Lou. I always love looking at your work. Such talent to admire. TFS Michelle

amanda hall said...

wow wow wow Lou. I have looked and looked at these pages and i keep finding more interesting little bits to draw my eyes in. You are the master at putting non traditional elements on your pages and OMG they are amazing and inspirational!

Anonymous said...

love them all Lou, as everyone else has said. I keep looking at them and find different elements on you pages. Love the photo of you on "A very spesh day" - gorgeous!
Karen D

Marika said...

So inspiring Lou your pages are such a unique stlye love them all you amaze me.

sandra said...

Always love your designs Louise.
just inspirational.
Always "sighable" and just makes me want to scrap and get my hands dirty!!
<3 <3 <3

Tiff Firth said...

PISS MYSELF LAUGHING.... its taken me this long to recognise my footwear. Very country meeting city look.

lurve it Lou. cant wait for our big weekend next month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!