Sunday, October 31, 2010

Drum roll please ...

so after our meeting on Friday we made the huge decision about our logo for the 2011 retreat ...

it was an agonising decision and we argued for a while ...

but in the end we all agreed this is the one we all loved ...

Sue has even said since in her emails to us

"I keep looking at the new logo and just LOVE it.....and can't wait for it to be popped up!!"


so for Sue and everyone else ...


here it is ...


I will leave it to Amanda to change it as our blog header later today ...




On reflection I think the designer has missed the actual reason for the retreat and I have some concerns in that department ...


I mean I am wondering what (or who) they were thinking of when designing ... microphone, iPod dock, wine bottles, vodka, blender, cocktail glasses ...


But I am sure that it will be well received by all of you as our 2011 logo


I bet you can't wait to have this one ironed on your t-shirts hey!!

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

I would be proud to wear this logo, it's some of the reason we love you Meredith!!!!! What a hoot!

Lauren said...

LOVE IT!!!
Can't wait for more cocktails, listening to Meredith on the microphone and of course the Christmas carols from the ipod :)
Fab job Amanda- guaranteed to make me smile for the next 12 months!! xx

Kathryn D said...

You girls crack me up. Ditto with Lauren. We now know what you were doing at the meeting on Friday........trying out new cocktails for next retreat!! LOL

TatumW said...

LOVE :)
xx

amanda hall said...

laughing a lot here!! I think i have been done out of a job by Mr Treloar! Too funny!

Trouble is Meredith - some people might think you are serious! LOL - they are going to get a shock with the real one then!

sandra said...

LOVE this one!!
and if you print it out you can give it to the kids to colour it in!!!

Meredith said...

The designer has copyright over the image and I have just been informed it has to be "removed for publication"!!

ROFLOL!!!

miasmummy said...

It's just faaaaaabulous daaaaaaaahling!! LOL! xx

Fran said...

OH - an iPod dock! I couldn't figure out what that pic was!LOL.
Absolutely LOVE the new logo - and the scrapbooking portion? Meh - not important.....

Trish.S said...

What a very interesting "meeting" you girls must have had.... oh to be a fly on the wall!!!And Sandra, if we all drink all those cocktails we will have to give it to the kids to colour in!!!!LOL

Nadine Pearce said...

Bhahahahahaha!What a crack up, how many cocktails did it take to get this piece of genius on to paper, I think it is a very true reflection of what scrapping means to most of us, RELAXING, FUN and the occational christmas carol to top it all off. Id be happy if it was the real one!!! Dee xxxx

SueP said...

We must commend the artist on his interpretation....great sketch!!

Cracks me up everytime i see it!

Louise said...

this Rokz!! LO :)