Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sandra - Challenges Galore!

Hi Amanda!!
I have finally completed a E2C challenge.. and it feels soooo good!!

After reading the new Creating Keepsakes article on challenging yourself to do a different style I thought...hmmm.
I have never been one for clean and simple, or linear or graphic scrapping...I would call my scrapping style (if there is such a thing..lol) as totally RANDOM!! lol
 
Sue's sketch is PERFECT for a graphic/linear style of layout so I drew inspiration from it.

Then I saw Meredith's inspiration challenge and remembered I had some 
orange scrabble pieces put away from an unused childrens version of scrabble

which reminded me of your 
orange, stamp, date box challenge....!!

hmmm... colours that go with orange AND the photos???

I drew inspiration from Meredith's inspiration challenge yet again....
GREY!!

I printed off the journalling (I printed these off in readiness for your class at E2C 10...but used something else instead)
but I found it toooooo linear and graphic.. I needed to mess things up a bit.!!!
again I found inspiration from Meredith's challenge....A 
blackboard!

so thank you ladies...using all of your challenges I have ended up with a layout and also challenged myself  to go out of my comfort zone  a little

hope you are having a great weekend and keeping cool!!

Sorry if that didn't make sense, but I have had a couple of ciders to help overcome the heat a little!!
xx
;-)

ps...those clean and simple/graphic/linear layouts are bloomin hard to photograph so that everything is straight!!...it doesn't matter with my 'Random' layout because everything is crooked anyway!! lol
oops nearly forgot!!
the photos of Ryan were taken by Tiff


Well cheers for now.
I will try to make more of an effort to do more challenges in the future!

cheers
Sandra
'hic'


 





WOW Sandra. This is great! Love how you have used and adapted the challenges to fit 'you'. The orange looks awesome against that grey and fabulous inspiration with the blackboard look with the journalling.


Fantastic work - extra points for scrapping in this heat!!



5 comments:

Meredith said...

woo hoo ... I love orange & grey together!!
I love how you have looked at all our challenges and used something of each of them to make your layout too!! The black board looks great and the orange scrabble pieces are funky!!
Just all fabo and inspiring for us all!!

Tiff Firth said...

orange is so his colour isnt it.
so much inspo and yet not over cluttered.

cog-a-licious!!!

Louise said...

Brill :) :) :)

SueP said...

Great one Sandra!!! Love how you have incorporated all those challenges into just one fab layout!! Clever girl!!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

yes you are too clever!
fantastic as always.