Saturday, May 14, 2011

Meredith's middle of the month of May challenge ...

When I saw this post at Today's Nest ... Spiraling Out of Control: The Golden Spiral ... 


I was really inspired !!


It's called Fibonacci and I think it has been used in patchwork so why not scrapbooking!!


So take a look and then maybe give the design a try!!


I think an A4 / 8 1/2 X 11 inch layout would work really well but even a 12 x 12 inch would be great too!!


FibonacciBlocks




FibonacciSpiral
Images from Today's Nest


Can't wait to try this myself and look forward to seeing your creations too!!

2 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

you've just discovered a photography tool for composition. Different to the rule of thirds, yet similar in principal. Its a mathematical equation that leads to balanced symmetry.

amanda hall said...

great challenge Meredith! I have heard of fibonacci before = in the DaVinci Code it's talked about quite a bit.

It's found in nature - formation of flowers which is a fascinating thing to think about!!!

Can't wait to get stuck into this one!