Wednesday, September 28, 2011

scrapathon layouts - Amanda

Here is my favourite layout from the weekend… complete with misting!!

I bought a Studio Calico cardstock / paper that had lots of swiss cheese types of holes in it and decided that i would like to use it as a re-usable mask rather than as paper.

Most would know, i favour clean lines and don't love mists or paints due to the unpredictability factor.  Other people make it look so damn good, it's just never 'perfect' enough for me on my layouts.

Anyway with much encouragement from my table, and Meredith's Overdue mist in hand i did a few squirts. I wasn't happy with my first effort so tried again on the back and hey presto! Only a subtle effect but just what i was after…



I ended up doing 8 layouts for the weekend.  It was very productive in the end and i felt quite enthused and re-juvinated scrap wise (must be all the creative mojo in the air on our scrapathons!!) 

You can see the rest here.

4 comments:

Louise said...

Perfect Amanda!!!

But personally if you feel uncomfortable misting don't do it!!! :P :P :P I can't have you being damned fabulous with mist as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOL :) :) :)

Lou xox

sandra said...

oh if I was on Facebook I would click 'like' Lou!! lol
yes Amanda, even every tiny little spot of mist is Perfect!
not one tiny splot out of place.
grrrrr!!!


;-)
always an admirer of your work.
and always find an excuse to 'hover' around your table..was I discreet?? did you notice?? lol

Meredith said...

I think this is truly beautiful ... loved watching you create this one after the initial nervousness re- misting!!

Anonymous said...

As always Amanda this is just beautiful. Awesome way to use that SC paper, I just looked at it and thought "how would you use that?" You are one very clever lady :)
Karen D