Friday, July 12, 2013

stationary shop love

A few years ago i bought three Kikki K sticker books from the Adelaide City store. I am sure they were not specifically aimed at  scrapbookers but all the same i bought them.



 Afterwards i gave myself a mental beat up thinking 'what a ridiculous purchase - when the hell would i use them??"



and have I used them? Hell yes…


round stickers

day circle sticker


arrows

arrows

heart on camera

heart

round number sticker

alphas

heart

heart
label


Around the same time i bought a pack of manila folders from Typo. They had a delicious worn graph on one side.




They seemed a bit pricey at the time and again some self kicking and mental berating followed…..


however these have been my most loved scrap item that is NOT a scrap item.



(just a few quick snaps of a small amount of layouts that have been produced using these yummy typo folders.)







In fact as i looked at my stash tonight i realised i was down to my last sheet of these folders which is giving me a slightly panicky and sick feeling in my tummy.  They were discontinued about 2 years ago so there is no hope of a restock :(

However i did spy some cool red and white spotty folders in Kmart the other day…..

Stationary shops / aisles in supermarkets are so fascinating aren't they?

Have you ever bought anything non scrapbooky and found it is a firm favourite when creating?



2 comments:

Meredith said...

Great examples of how to use items bought in non-scrapbooking shops. I think the old shipping tag is a great example of something that is used quite a bit in scrapbooking.

SueP said...

I love stationary shops and ilses, always on the look out for something different to add and use in my scrap stash!! I can't walk past a typo or kikki K shop!! lol!!